-
May 19th, 2008, 09:15 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I've sure gotten old!
I've had two bypass surgeries, a hip replacement,
new knees, fought prostate cancer and diabetes.
I'm half blind,
can't hear anything quieter than a jet engine,
take 40 different medications that
make me dizzy, winded, and subject to blackouts.
Have bouts with dementia.
Have poor circulation;
hardly feel my hands and feet anymore.
Can't remember if I'm 85 or 92.
Have lost all my friends.
But, thank God,
I still have my driver's license.
-
May 21st, 2008, 06:20 PM
#2
Inactive Member
certainly not for the faint hearted
-
May 22nd, 2008, 10:36 AM
#3
Inactive Member
-
May 24th, 2008, 06:06 PM
#4
Inactive Member
LOL. Is this part of some sort of campaign against elderly drivers?
I still enjoy getting older. Getting prettier every year. [img]cool.gif[/img]
So, what age is the cut-off point when the advantages-disadvantages ratio of aging shifts to the wrong side of the equation? A famous Dutch comedian said that you're getting up there when whatever is ahead of you is less fun than what is already behind you. Vague, but probably true.
<font color="#DDDDDD" size="1">[ May 24, 2008 03:07 PM: Message edited by: Lefty ]</font>
-
May 24th, 2008, 08:47 PM
#5
Inactive Member
Crap...then that means it creeping up on me because I tend to enjoy the anticipation rather than the act itself...unless we are talking about sex [img]wink.gif[/img]
-
May 25th, 2008, 08:04 PM
#6
Inactive Member
I'm getting younger..screw getting old...I am feeling good...at least that is what my mind is telling me...my body on the other hand is screaming at me...
-
May 27th, 2008, 04:06 PM
#7
Inactive Member
So I guess if you are like me and can barely remember the past...then you can only look FORWARD to the future. Am I right? Or does that mean I have alzheimers.....what were we talking about?
-
May 30th, 2008, 08:03 PM
#8
Inactive Member
BTW I had to get my driver license picture retaken. I used my charge card..they wanted to see my ID and the pic doesn't even resemble what I look like now. I had to use cash LOL
-
June 2nd, 2008, 10:42 AM
#9
Inactive Member
SOunds suspicious to me....are you sure you are who you say you are?
-
June 2nd, 2008, 12:54 PM
#10
Inactive Member
Those people are just jealous that Mum just keeps gettin prettier [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks